Monday, November 23, 2009

Nothing a little destruction can't fix

Day two. Today I was hoping to finish with the kitchen demo. Came very close. I have a little more to do tomorrow and I'm hoping to get both bathrooms done tomorrow too. I got some help today from Leo, one of our reserves at the fire dept. He's fast and thorough. I had a large dumpster delivered today and it's filling fast. We'll be back at it tomorrow early.


Early in the day



This was waiting for me underneath the kitchen sink. Nice rotten wood and a bunch of mold



See the black? Yup, that's mold



More mold, more wood rot



floor underlayment. Rotted and now gone. That's not compost, that's wood



Sweet. Dumpster time.

Leo hard at work. Notice the difference of the floor and all the sheetrock gone around the walls and sink



Big difference already. The floor in the corner by the board and where it's still black there will need to be replaced.



More tomorrow


No comments:

Post a Comment