Thursday, June 14, 2012

A very very long overdue update

It's been far too long since I've updated this but it was time.  It's not a big priority with all else I have going on.  Good to share with family and friends though.




The kitchen after new sheetrock, during painting, and before new floor




This is looking from the kitchen into the living room.  You can see that the wall has been changed from the original layout and changed to a more open plan.  I knocked down the wall between the two.  The half wall is where the cooktop will be and a bar on the other side.

Opposite view, looking into the kitchen.  Second layer of subfloor just prior to the new hardwood going in the kitchen.



My buddy Cody doing the prep for my tile in the hall bathroom.



Just before getting floated with cement for the tile base.



A perfect surface for tiling.  When he told me that he would float everything that was getting tile I wasn't sure what he meant.  This is it.  Ready for tile, which was up to me.

My tile work going in.  First big tile project for me.  I'm happy with it.





New hardwood floors which were a perfect match to the existing 50 year old floors in the rest of the house

Brody with his hardwood floor camo on.



Completed bathroom tile.  I took this all on myself.  Felt very good and turned out great.


Completely out of order....





Same bathroom that is now done.  The other bathroom still looks like this.  Someday...




Before and mid-way through sheetrock...




Look at those hardwood floors!  Trashed.  They came out amazing.


My own personal landfill.  Has since been replaced with a vegetable garden







Kitchen hardwood going in.







The floors turned out great.  Done by Matt McGrew.  If you need floors done, he's the man.  Let me know and I'll put you in touch.


The first vid is Matt working on the refinishing of these old trashed floors.  They were really in pretty bad shape.  


Matt did amazing work on them and the turned out amazing.  Blew my mind to see them look better that the probably looked when new.

More to come soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete